The City Manager is the only legislatively-appointed City of Alice employee. He is the Chief Executive Officer and the head of the administrative branch of the City Government.
Responsible to the Council for the proper administration of all City affairs, he leads day to day operations and, along with Department Heads, implements the public policy and governance of Alice as determined by the City Council.
Working closely with the Council and citizens, the City Manager ensures quality services are available to meet the needs of our citizens and the business community. With a population of over 19,000 residents plus 907 businesses, the City Manager oversees the City's operations with 249 employees and an annual operating budget of $27,441,958.
- Michael Esparza, City Manager
- Odilia Rodriquez, City Clerk
- Aniceto Perez, Chief of Police
- Patrick Thomas, Fire Chief
- Roland Ramos, Finance Director
- Yolanda Bueno, Library Director
- Jo Ann Ramon, Municipal Court Administrator
- Victor Saenz, Public Works Operations
- Demetrio Duarte, Public Works Utilities
The City of Alice needs people who have a strong interest in the community to serve on one of the City’s many Boards, Commissions and Committees. Read on...
Disconnects for non payment of past due water accounts will resume in October. Please contact us at (361) 668-7226, option #3, to discuss payment plan options. Additional Info...