500 E Main St.
Ph: (361) 668-7251
Fx: (361) 668-4353
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Grant Development Department works with other City Departments in seeking, and applying for, funds for various City projects/programs.
In 2012, the City of Alice received the following grants.
2012 FEMA Homeland Security - The City of Alice was awarded the FEMA Homeland Security Grant in the Amount of $10,680 for Fiirefighters to take Swiftwater Rescue Technician training.
2012 FEMA Homeland Security - The City of Alice was awarded the FEMA Homeland Security Grant in the amount of $25,000 for a generator at the Alice Public Training Center.
2012 TXDOT, Office of Aviation - The City of Alice was awarded the TXDOT Office of Aviation RAMP Grant for the amount of $44,000 for maintenance & repairs at the Alice International Airport.
2012 Texas Forest Service TIFMAS Grant - The City of Alice Fire Department was awarded the Texas Forest Service TIFMAS Grant for the amount of $4760 so that firefighters can take an Emergency Care Attendant (ECA) training course.
In 2011, the City of Alice received the following grants.
- FEMA Homeland Security Grant--$32,482 for hazmat equipment.
- FEMA Homeland Security Grant-- $32,000 for a repeater to install on the communications tower at the Jim Wells County Fairgrounds.
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Tobacco Compliance Grant-- $2,500 to use for sting operations to help reduce tobacco access by minors & to help reduce tobacco use by minors.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance JAG Grant-- $15,397 ($8,468 for City & $6,929 for County) to use for overtime for special operations.
- Department of Public Safety, Texas Ranger Division, Local Border Security Grant Program-- $108,000.00 to use for overtime and operational costs for patrol and investigations on organized criminal activities, auto theft, gang activities, drug activities, and illegal immigration activities.
- Coastal Bend Community Foundation--$5,000 to purchase books for participants in the Library’s “Families Reading Together” Program.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Bureau of Justice Assistance--$8,625 to purchase bulletproof vests.
- Texas Forest Service TIFMAS Grant Program--$5,775 for firefighters to take a Fire Instructor I training course; $4,000 for firefighters to take a Fire Officer I training course.
- TXDOT, Office of Aviation--$44,000 RAMP Grant for maintenance & repairs at the Alice International Airport.
- Target Stores Target + Blue Program – Donation of equipment (monitors, VCR’s, multiplexers, cameras) to use at the Alice Public Safety Training Center, at the Police Substation and/or at the main Police Department location.